How to Unlock All 9 Medicines in Vampyr
Vampyr has four districts with civilian NPCs who can be fed on to gain experience points (XP). The number of XP depends on the quality of the blood, which significantly degrades when a non-player character is sick. Moreover, the region’s status also deteriorates proportionally to the number of sick people inhabiting it, and when it falls below the critical threshold, the district plunges into chaos (citizens will die or disappear without a trace).
Basic medicines are essential for treating diseases. There are nine illnesses in total and nine medicines respectively. You will have to unlock each of them to cure all the sick.
To cure a person, start a dialogue by pressing the ‘E’ key. If you possess the necessary components in your inventory, choose the appropriate treatment in the dialog box. You can determine who is sick via the menu window or using Vampire mode when scanning the NPC.
Medicines are divided into three categories depending on their effect and are used to cure respiratory, blood and cephalic disorders. Moreover, medicines in each category are subdivided into three tires - the higher the level, the more difficult it is to craft a remedy.
Tier 1 medicines
- Treatment for Fatigue: Glass Vial (1), Quinine (1), Iron Tartrate (2), Sodium Hypochlorite Solution (2).
- Treatment for Anemia: Glass Vial (1), Quinine (2), Iron Tartrate (8), Sodium Hypochlorite Solution (8).
- Treatment for Sepsis: Glass Vial (1), Quinine (4), Iron Tartrate (15, Sodium Hypochlorite Solution (15).
All of them are available by default.
Tier 2 medicines
- Treatment for Cold: Glass Vial (1), Clove Oil (1), Codeine (2), Potassium Permanganate (2).
- Treatment for Bronchitis: Glass Vial (1), Clove Oil (2), Codeine (8), Potassium Permanganate (8).
- Treatment for Pneumonia: Glass vial (1), Clove Oil (4), Codeine (15), Potassium Permanganate (15).
To obtain the remedies you must complete the Night Shift quest in Chapter 2. Talk to Dorothy, go down to the Old Morgue and defeat the first boss in the game, an ordinary Skal. Check the container in the room where the battle took place to find the formula. Examine it and unlock the cure.
Tier 3 medicines
- Treatment for Headache: Glass Vial (1), Salicin (1), Ergotamine (2), Opium (2).
- Treatment for Migraine: Glass Vial (1), Salicin (2), Ergotamine (8), Opium (8).
- Treatment for Neuralgia: Glass Vial (1), Salicin (4), Ergotamine (15), Opium (15).
To unlock all the medicines, you need to head to the Whitechapel district. There, go to the cemetery and find a dead body near Whitechapel’s gates. Intereact with it to acqure a blood sample. To unlock the medication, examine the sample on the operation table in one of your safehouses.