Release date: May 16, 2011
Platforms: Android, Microsoft Windows, PS Vita, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, iOS
In this guide, you will find a list of the most useful console commands for Terraria and instructions on how to use them.
Terraria Cheats and Console Commands
How to activate the console
Terraria does not have a console. To use Chat commands, simply input them in the chat. The Server commands are input in the server console once you run a dedicated server with "TerrariaServer.exe".
List of commands
- /p message – Sends a message to your party.
- /players – Shows a list of all players on the server.
- /roll – Generates a random number between 1 and 100.
- /me action – Sends the third-person action in the chat.
- help – Displays a list possible commands.
- playing – Displays a list of players on the server.
- clear – Clears the console.
- exit – Saves the world and shuts down the server.
- exit-nosave – Shuts down the server without saving.
- save – Saves the world
- kick <player> – Kicks the specified player.
- ban <player> – Bans the specified player (to unban the player erase his name from the banlist.txt).
- password – Shows the servers' password.
- password <password> – Sets the server's password.
- version – Displays the client's version.
- time – Shows in-game time.
- port – Shows server's port.
- maxplayers – Shows the maximum amount of players.
- say <words> – Sends a message to all players in yellow text.
- motd – Shows moto of the day.
- motd <words> – Sets the moto of the day.
- dawn – Sets the time to dawn.
- noon – Sets the time to noon.
- dusk – Sets the time to dusk.
- midnight – Sets the time to midnight.
- settle – Settles all water.
- -players <number> – Sets the maximum number of players.
- -pass <password> – Sets the password.
- -motd <text> – Sets moto of the day.
- -secure – Sets the anti-cheat protection.
- -steam – Enables Steam support.