Resident Evil 2 Remake
How to Unlock the Armory and Get the Lightning Hawk Magnum in Resident Evil 2 Remake
When you are able to get to the corridor on the second floor of the west side that is located behind the shower room with broken pipes, you will find the S.T.A.R.S. office on the left. Go inside and proceed to the far-left corner to find a locked armory where weapons for Leon and Claire are stored (Lightning Hawk magnum and MQ11 submachine gun).
On the left side, you will find a computer with a system unit: you can interact with both objects but not now. To open the armory, you need a special dongle key. Below, we will list the sequence of actions:
- First, visit the library and get the red book that is on one of the desks of the lower tier.
- Go to the gallery on the second floor of the east side, enter inside and find the statue of a king. On the right side, you’ll see a broken hand. Take it and combine with a book in the inventory. Next, install the hand with a book on the statue. For this, you will get a scepter.
- Open the inventory, examine the scepter and find the interaction point to get the red jewel.
- Now we need a bejeweled box. In the first playthrough of the game, it is located in the interrogation room. You may get there either through the door with a green key (Leon) or through the observation room in the nearby, using the red key (Claire). Anyway, you will have one of these keys. Get inside the room through the window or through the door and take the bejeweled box. In the second run, you will find it in the shower room on the second floor (the one that leads to the corridor with the S.T.A.R.S. office). Go there and find the item in the room with a locked box (a lock with the letters). By the way, during the first playthrough, a portable safe is located here, while bejeweled box appears in the second run – developers have put the portable safe into the interrogation room.
- In the inventory, combine the red jewel with the bejeweled box with the same jewels to open it and get the S.T.A.R.S. badge.
- Examine the latter in the inventory, turn it and press the button to make it a USB dongle key. Go back to S.T.A.R.S. office, apply the dongle key to the system unit and interact with the monitor to open the armory.
Do not forget to examine the badge once again and press the button to hide the dongle. The ordinary S.T.A.R.S. badge can be used to open the glass showcase in the basement under the police station. We have talked about this in a separate guide.