20 Things You Must Know Before Playing Pathologic 2
Pathologic 2 is a complete remake of the original Pathologic that was released back in 2005. The title has become much closer to a full-fledged survival game. It has everything: scales of health, exhaustion, thirst, hunger and even immunity. Below, we’ll tell you what you need to know before you start playing.
In the first episode, we play for Haruspex, a young doctor who returns to his city at the request of his father and finds him dead in his home. So, here are some important tips:
- Try searching all bins and trash containers and collect all items as you’ll soon need them.
- Empty bottles are much more useful than you think. You will use them not only for water but also for making tinctures.
- Tvirin tincture is a very useful item which helps you find various caches, see places with side activities and much more.
- The game’s storyline is very complicated. Each day, you have a limited list of actions which is displayed by the hero’s ‘’thoughts’’. If you cannot complete the whole ‘’thought branch’’ in one day, some quests become unavailable. It does not mean that you will not be able to finish the storyline, but you won’t learn certain information about the story or the game world.
- The range of products in stores is limited but updated on a daily basis. Most storyline and side quests start at 7:30 in the morning.
- If you do not know what to do, walk around the town, collect various items and talk to numerous people. Hold CTRL to see the ones who have something to say to you.
- If there are no such people or quests, you can head to Lisa’s house, your lab, Aspity’s house or some other place and rest on the bed. This will allow you to decrease exhaustion. Also, many quests and events are tied to time. You will not miss important events since somebody will always wake you up when a messenger or some other person who has important information come to you.
- To get rid of exhaustion, you can eat a lemon or coffee beans instead of going to bed.
- To deal with thirst, drink water from numerous wells or other sources. Use bottles only after certain sources become infected.
- Buy or find springs and gears. Four springs and two gears will be used to repair two workbenches in the lab.
- More valuable items can be obtained by changing things with pedestrians. Note that approximately the same things can be given to people of different categories – boys, girls, men, women. By the way, if you give more things than the character requires, you’ll increase your reputation in a certain district. Also, your reputation increases during conversations with different people.
- To quickly travel around the game world, you can use boatmen services. On the map, they’ll be depicted with markers of ‘’boats’’. Their services require payment in the form of special tokens, ‘’fingers’’. You can get them from pedestrians, but such items are much less common.
- On the first day, try to buy as much food and medicines as possible.
- To save your progress, visit any significant object. Such objects are usually highlighted by the red color on the map. Inside, you’ll find a vertical floor clock. Interact with them. You can do this an unlimited number of times per day. In case of death, you’ll be transferred to the point of your last save. After several deaths, the man from the Purgatory will offer to remove all penalties, but you’ll still find yourself at the last clock, with the same supply of health and set of diseases.
- If you are infected, we recommend loading the last save. In this regard, you should save your progress as often as possible if there’s a corresponding building in the nearby – Olgimsky house, Haruspex lab, house of Aspity and so on.
- When infected areas start to appear, you should collect tinctures and immunity boosters before going there.
- Stamina is very important: you should not spend it at night, when moving through infected areas or regions where you are not popular. This parameter is crucial as it allows you to run away from enemies, timely engage in combat and much more. If your enemy surrenders, you may release him, finish him off or search his possessions, grabbing all the available items.
- Charge your revolver in advance as this process takes too much time.
- If you decide to engage in looting, do this only in infected areas. In other places, your rating will go down even if no one sees you.
- Do not try to heal the characters who do not recover to the healthy state with a single tincture bottle. Do not reload the game as this won’t help.