Everything We Know About iPhone 11
We look at technical features of the upcoming iPhone 2019, its price, design, release date, iOS 13 innovations, and games to be available
It is less than a month left until the presentation of the new iPhone lineup. Tim Cook is probably already practicing in the mirror. Various rumors, plums and insider information leaked on the Internet throughout the year. Many contradicted each other, but some were partially confirmed by later leaks.
We have collected all the most plausible information about the new incarnation of the main gadget of the modern world.
When will Apple present iPhone 11?
Apple hasn’t announced the date yet, but usually, the company presents its next generation of smartphones in the second week of September, Tuesday or Wednesday. This year we can count on September 10. Not 11, obviously. This is also indicated by the image from the new beta of iOS 13:
What name will be used for new iPhone 2019?
According to the latest leaks, the most likely names for three new models are as follows:
- iPhone 11 — a successor for iPhone XR, a ‘budget’ variant;
- iPhone 11 Pro — a successor for iPhone XS, a basic variant;
- iPhone 11 Pro Max — a successor for iPhone XS Max.
The name XI (11 in Ancient Roman style) is also possible. However, it can cause confusion among the last three generations, including the future one
When is iPhone 11 out (release date)?
It is expected that sales will begin a couple of weeks after the announcement (as usual) — around the end of September.
What will iPhone 11 will look like (iPhone 2019 design)?
This is the main intrigue. There were several rumors about reducing the black notch at the top of the display. However, such a redesign may cause problems for software developers. It is also unlikely that Apple will completely get rid of the notch this year. Maybe next time?
However, most of the information is about the new square camera module on the back. As always, the first photos and renderings from the leaks looked disgusting, but on the latest ones, everything looks pretty nice:
Insiders also reported a new lock button — it will become round and will move along rather than across the body. Which will make it more convenient to switch it in a case.
Another rumor is the lack of an ‘iPhone’ sign on the back cover.
How much will iPhone 11 cost?
Speaking of the iPhone 2019 price, most leaks come from factory workers and accessory developers — who do not know financial details. So there is no specific information about the costs. As for the analysts — they are divided into two opinions. Someone calls the same prices as the previous generation, and someone believes that Apple will have to make their new smartphones more expensive due to the economic war between China and the United States.
According to analysts, the rise should not be more than 20%. So the models with a minimum amount of internal memory (64 or 128 GB) will cost as follows:
- iPhone 11 / XI — from $899;
- iPhone 11 / XI Pro — from $1199;
- iPhone 11 / XI Pro Max — from $1399.
By the way, the new names even slightly justify the new prices.
And if iPhone 11 will not become more expensive?
If Apple can put last year's price tags on the new lineup, they will be something like this:
- iPhone 11 / XI — from $749;
- iPhone 11 / XI Pro — from $999;
- iPhone 11 / XI Pro Max — from $1099.
What’s new in iOS 13 and how is it different from iOS 12?
This has been known for a few months already:
- 👤 Face ID works 30% faster.
- 📱 Apps are 50% smaller on average.
- 🚀 Apps run 2 times faster.
- 📥 Application updates are 60% smaller.
- 🌑 Long-expected dark theme. More healthy for your eyes (at night especially) and more economic for the battery. The new dark palette had not only system UI or the keyboard but also the most apps.
- 👆 The system default keyboard learned to type the text by swipes, just like the popular SwiftKey custom keyboard.
- 🔔 In the Reminders app, you can now link your contacts to the events and create subtasks.
- 🌎 Maps app has more detailed… maps: with separate buildings and all the bumps of the surface. You can save selected places into your favorites and share them. And the streets have a first-person mode (just like Google Street View).
- 📷 In the Photos app, you can sort shoots by date (until a day) and places. Moreover, you can find any photo just by a keyword of the picture.
- 😃 You can use Memeoji for your avatar in iMessage.
What Apple devices will get iOS 13? What about iPhone SE?
iPhone SE is extremely popular even this year — yes it will. However, all the five years old (or older) devices will not: iPhone 6, iPod Touch 6 and other earlier models. As for iPad, it will get a brand new operating system similar to macOS. This got an obvious name iPadOS.
Will iPhone 11 support 5G?
Not definitely, but it could. The technology is too fresh to be available to the masses although it is present in around 300 cities worldwide. However, most of them are located in Europe and Asia, with quite fewer in the US. If not — Apple will hold this feature for another year or two.
Will iPhone 11’s display support 120Hz?
Definitely not all the models. Probably only iPhone 11 / XI Pro Max.
Will iPhone 2019 be foldable?
This is extremely unlikely. No significant design differences are expected this year. Why do they need a competitor to a rising iPad?
Any new good video games for iPhone XI?
Apple Arcade, a brand new mobile gaming platform, launches this September. It will have 100 exclusive games, many of them are declared as high-budget projects.
The list of confirmed Apple Arcade exclusives:
- The Artful Escape
- Atone: Heart of the Elder Tree
- Beyond a Steel Sky
- Box Project
- The Bradwell Conspiracy
- Doomsday Vault
- Down in Bermuda
- Enter The Construct
- Frogger in Toy Town
- Hot Lava
- Kings of the Castle
- Lego Arthouse
- Lego Brawls
- Little Orpheus
- Mr Turtle
- No Way Home
- Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm,
- The Pathless
- Projection: First Light
- Sayonara Wild Hearts
- Shantae 5
- Sneaky Sasquatch
- Sonic Racing
- UFO on Tape: First Contact
- Where Cards Fall
- Winding Worlds
The most notable among them is a remake of the cult science fiction quest Beyond a Steel Sky, a sequel to the popular role-playing game inspired by Zelda called Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm, and a reimagining of the classic turn-based tactics about aliens UFO on Tape: First Contact.