20 Minutes of Borderlands 3 Behind Closed Doors Gameplay from E3 2019
Split-screen, character customization, mecha gameplay, a new planet, and more
Borderlands 3 gameplay was shown multiple times even before E3 2019 took off, but just a few trailers obviously can’t cover such a huge game. Those who were attending E3 got a chance to take a look at the game’s extended demo. Since there are only some off-screen recordings of Borderlands 3 E3 2019 presentation, it probably wasn’t meant to be posted online. But it’s there, and we’re eager to get any new information about the upcoming looter-shooter we can.
You can check out the full video below:
Here’s the list of what has been shown in the demo:
- There are multiple ways to play: singleplayer, couch co-op (2 players split-screen), online co-op (up to 4 players).
- Vending machines in Borderlands 3 allow you to purchase loot that your friends sell in their game, you can see their names on these items.
- When you find a rare boss, the game generates a special quest to kill them, so you can invite friends to join the session.
- A new feature allows you to mail selected items to your friends.
- There are tons of new hats and masks for characters including a horse mask, a skeleton mask, a fake mustache, a giant pigeon head and more. All of them can be looted in-game from killed enemies and completed challenges, you don’t have to spend real money on these cosmetics.
- Every skin has customizable primary, secondary and tertiary colors.
- A wide selection of emotes was shown: Laugh, Kick Dance, Heart, Finger Guns, Death and more.
- You can attach some fancy-looking trinkets to your guns. Also, yeah, weapons now have skins too.
- The new planet called Eden-6 is a place where player explores jungle-swamps, meets new dinosaur-like creatures and Tiny Tina from previous games. Points of interests there include Jacobs Manor because Eden-6 is a homeworld of Jacobs family, a famous weapon manufacturer in the game’s universe.
- "For the first time ever in Borderlands, real freaking trees".
- Moze is the third playable character in Borderlands 3. She is a mechanic and specializes on summoning her giant battle mech Iron Bear. Moze has three skill trees: explosion-focused Demolition Woman, more defensive Shield of Retribution and we-all-hate-reloading Bottomless Mags.
- Iron Bear has two fully customizable and changeable weapons. Their options include: a turret, a grenade launcher, a rocket launcher, a railgun, and a flamethrower. You can also install various augments that modify your mech’s stats and add perks like an auto-targeting system.
The video ends with a recording of some live on-hands gameplay showing that the game is already in very good shape and is unlikely to be delayed.
Borderlands 3 releases on PC, PS4, and Xbox One on September 13.
Check out more gameplay videos of E3 2019 games: