S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Will Support Mods, but Won’t Get a Battle Royale Mode
The devs from GSC Game World talk about the upcoming game’s features
YouTuber Antishnaps uploaded the second part of his interview with developers of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 (you can check out the previous part here). This time, fewer questions were answered, but we’ve got more specific information about the game’s modes and features.
You can watch the original video in Russian below:
Here are the most important bits of info from the devs’ answers:
- There is no deadline on solving a cryptic riddle with numbers from the devs, they are ready to wait as long as it takes for fans to figure it out on their own.
- The devs say that even though they are inspired by various books, games and movies, the main inspiration for the sequel comes from the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R. trilogy.
- The main hook for players in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 will remain the same, it will be the series’ unique atmosphere, that’s cherished so much by the fans to this day.
- Among all the mods for previous S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games the devs especially like Lost Alpha DC, Dead Air and Spatial Anomaly.
- Sorry, folks, there are no plans for a Battle Royale mode in the sequel.
- The devs say that the upcoming game is “very modern” and it’s targeting only the newest and the best technology.
- For the sequel, the team has revisited the Chernobyl exclusion zone multiple times.
- The team leader’s mantra “S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 either will be a masterpiece, or won’t come out at all” still remains true for the game.
- A lot of developers of the original game are in the team of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, every dev is a big fan of this franchise.
- The team is working hard on making tools for mod developers so they can start creating content right from the game’s release.
- There are no plans on adding VR support.
- Sounds like the devs won’t rush the game release as they want to bring to life all the best ideas and concepts they have.
Finally, GSC Game World team said they are answering everyone’s questions. The reason why Antishnaps got such a lengthy interview out of them is simply that he was ‘’very persistent and brave’’.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 was announced back in May 2018, there weren’t many news about the games since then. It is unknown when it will be shown.